In the summer of 2021, we invited all of our new year 7 students to attend summer school for 4 days.
The summer school ran week commencing 16th August and 23rd August on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
137 students attended. Students attending the summer school experienced a variety of workshops including:
• Attending a catholic secondary school
• Bush Craft
• Egg Drop Challenge
• Food Tech – Smoothie Making
• Garden challenge
• PE – Team building games
Students also had the opportunity to sample the food offered by the college kitchen, all at no cost.
We received just over £26,000 in funding from Government, which was spent on:
• Staffing, including catering & cleaning (73%)
• Food (10%)
• Educational resources and materials (11%)
• External providers to deliver specialist sessions (6%)